Commercial Finance Analyst
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Finance Analyst to join a leading financial services business in Edinburgh on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will join an established commercial finance team and apply their financial and commercial skills, knowledge and expertise to support and challenge the business to drive improved, and sustainable, business performance.
This role will be responsible, in the near term, for providing support to the project team, providing commercial finance support to the IT Function as well as being the finance liaison with the outsourced platform supplier for Banking.
- Providing detailed cost analysis with full understanding of cost drivers to support the business in driving efficiency and value for money
- Quality and timely annual and five year cost plans (including stress scenario forecasts)
- Monthly forecasts to facilitate and drive the understanding of the cost base and to assist cost centres.
- Ad hoc analysis
- Support & Challenge - Acting as financial support for Programme and IT cost functions. Individual will be responsible for building constructive, challenging relationships with business teams, providing financial support and challenge on current and future business performance.
- Financial Planning - Working with the IT function to help them build and complete budget submissions for the Banking platform costs. Challenging assumptions to deliver a realistic, balanced budget to senior management. Providing monthly desktop forecasts as required.
- Cost Management - Partnering with budget holders to ensure costs are fully understood and controlled, providing insightful analysis to assist in internal stakeholder decision making and effective financial performance. Ensuring models are accurate, up-to-date, and maintained in line with model management framework and policies.
The successful candidate will possess a professional accounting qualification along with financial planning, management accounting and financial modelling experience.
Desirable experience includes;
- Experience of managing both internal and external relationships
- Proven ability to influence at a Management and Senior Management level
- Well organised, able to prioritise workload and work effectively under pressure
- Strong awareness of the control environment within a financial services organisation
- Awareness and understanding of conduct risk, specifically the delivery of fair customer outcomes
This is an excellent opportunity to join a forward thinking business that will / can provide realistic scope for career progression.
Please apply below to register your interest, confirming salary expectations, alternatively please contact Chris Halliday