Commercial Finance Analyst
COMMERCIAL FINANCE ANALYST
LEADING RETAIL BUSINESS
£25,000 to £35,000pa
I am working exclusively with my client, a leading retail business who received private equity backing in 2015 allowing them to continue their impressive growth by opening more stores and investing in new systems and distribution facilities. They have recently implemented a brand new Commercial function which this opportunity sits in.
The Commercial Finance Analyst reports directly to the FP&A Manager and the main aim of the post is to support the FP&A manager in the development of useful financial and management information, which can be used for good decision-making and to identify commercial opportunities. Some of the main responsibilities are below with the full spec attached for your reference.
- Insightful management reporting which provides a detailed understanding of the operational and financial dynamics of the operations.
- Analyse and provide challenge to all costs within the business wherever appropriate.
- Assist with the preparation of the budgeting and forecasting process
- Prepare analysis for the weekly/monthly performance review.
- Develop insightful KPI reporting for decision support
- Set and review the budgets of central departments such as IT/Legal & Insurance
- Testing runs for the new BI platform & development of new reporting within BI
- Ad-hoc analysis of both BAU operations and specific projects which drives and supports improvements in company capability and profitability.
The candidate profile we are looking for is graduate calibre, with relevant industry experience in a similar role. This could be gained in a position such as Assistant Management Accountant, Finance Analyst, Commercial Analyst or Assistant Finance Business Partner.
Ideally you will be studying towards the CIMA/ACCA qualification and at the Part Qualified stage.
Please apply with your up-to-date CV to be considered for this excellent, commercial and progressive opportunity.