MERJE is working with a worldwide plc to recruit a Financial Accountant to join their new Shared Service Centre based in Cheshire which covers the EMEA region.
Reporting to the Finance Manager you will be primarily responsible for the accurate and timely financial reporting of all EMEA entities. This role plays a critical role in the organisation as you will interact with various internal departments to prepares and analyse financial information to allow the organisation to make well-informed decisions to ensure future stability, profitability and growth.
- Perform accounting functions as assigned including, but not limited to, booking, reconciling and reporting financial results.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close for EMEA corporations.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Assist the Finance Manager EMEA to ensure all financial close deadlines are met.
- Prepare and review all types of monthly journal entries.
- Prepare and review monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly Interco balance reconciliations.
- Maintain effective SOX controls and documentation.
- Prepare financial reporting for group submissions.
- Prepare the accounting and reporting for capital expenditure and prepaid.
- Prepare review of intangible assets.
- Assist the annual and quarterly audit processes both with external auditors and with the Group's internal auditors.
- Liaise with the US SSC in connection with all the above as required.
You will be ACA or ACCA qualified from the big 4 ideally with some post qualification within industry. Oracle and advanced Excel would be advantageous and a solid understanding of accounting functions such as accounts receivable, accounts payable and fixed assets is essential. Apply online for immediate consideration.