Governance Risk & Control Analyst
A leading Retail business based in Manchester are seeking a Governance Risk & Control Analyst on a 12 month fixed term contract. This excellent opportunity is paying between £40,000 - £50,000 per annum + superb company benefits.
It is important all applicants have a controls mind-set with previous experience working within a Governance, Risk and Control role. Technically proficient on SAP GRC module; controlling user access and segregation of duty. Strong stakeholder management skills capable of managing external customers (mainly IT and audit) and internal managers. Experience of implementing projects specifically upgrade of SAP GRC to version 10.1 is highly desirable but not essential.
Provide independent oversight and support to drive the financial controls strategy and improve the overall effectiveness of the financial control framework. The team monitors the performance of internal controls through SAP GRC, risk based controls testing, and controls KPI reporting in conjunction with process and control owners. The team is part of the wider Internal Controls team and regularly presents to the Financial Controls Forum sponsored by the CFO.
Summary of the Governance Risk & Control Analyst role:
The GRC Analyst reports to the Governance & Control Manager and is responsible to:
- Review and approve all SAP user access requests
- Monitoring sensitive access and segregation of duties (SoD) violations in SAP
- Remediation of access and SoD violations
- Create and renew mitigating controls
- Quarterly re-certification of mitigating controls
- Periodic review of GRC rule set
- Weekly dashboard reporting
- Advising I.T. on SAP upgrades and releases, in particular the impact on access
- Lead advisor on the project to replace the existing GRC tool (SAP GRC 5.3)
Technical skills/business skills required:
- SAP role design knowledge
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- A tenacious individual who consistently maintains integrity and a sense of professionalism
- Ability to challenge current process and develop recommendations for innovative solutions
- Strong controls ethic and mind-set
- Skilled at articulating risk and developing mitigating controls
- Highly effective communication
- Working knowledge of SAP ECC