Commercial Finance Manager
***Exclusive assignment to Gleeson Recruitment Group***
A rapidly growing Global FMCG firm based in Coventry, is seeking an ambitious and high potential qualified accountant to join their business in a newly created Commercial Finance Manager position. This role will report directly in to the MD, who will be working directly with the new Commercial Finance Manager in order to develop them in to the UK FD or UK General Manager (dependant on career aspirations). Salary will be in the range of £60,000 to £65,000 (depending on experience) + £7,000 car allowance, pension, private healthcare and annual bonus up to 15%.
The UK operation is undergoing major change, and there is much to do, so this role will require a dedicated and hard working individual, who is prepared to travel between the various UK sites when required (1-2 days travel a month). You will regularly be in transit with the MD, who will rely on your counsel for all commercial and strategic financial matters.
Commercial Finance Manager - main responsibilities
- Manage monthly financials and P&L choices of the Business
- Ensure all forecasts & budgets are prepared, and improve financial inputs in to monthly, quarterly & annual planning
- Ensure working capital is minimised and cash is managed effectively
- Manage commercial finance to improve profitability
- Play a lead role in coaching the finance and operational teams to become more financially competent in their approach to business decisions
- Drive financial decision making across the business
- Formulate Corporate Strategy by developing medium to long-term operational forecasts, and leading the Group's annual strategic planning & budgeting process
Commercial Finance Manager - required experience
- Qualified accountant with significant commercial finance and market experience in analytical accounting roles with relevant industry sector experience
- Leadership experience / potential
- International / Multi-national PLC experience
- Degree educated as a minimum
- Ideally from a FTSE 100 FMCG, Manufacturing, Consumer Goods or Retail sector background
To apply for the Commercial Finance Manager position, please click on the "apply now" button and your CV will be sent directly to the relevant Recruitment Consultant. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.