Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits
Newbury Racecourse is an award winning sporting venue with a multi-functional site playing host to c. 30 racedays per year plus a wide range of other exciting events including concerts, weddings and exhibitions. In 2016 we have welcomed Will Young, Simply Red and Mark Ronson along with a host of other special guests.
We now seek a Management Accountant to become a key part of the dedicated Finance team, taking responsibility for accurate and timely management accounting information produced in line with given deadlines, high level and detailed variance and KPI analysis, annual budgets and raceday financial operations support.
Reporting into the Financial Controller, main duties will be:
- Management accounts (trading and property)
- Produce accurate management accounts in a timely manner
- Responsible for ensuring revenue capture
- Mentor month end processes with the Finance team
- Produce month end accounts file
- Produce high level and detailed variance analysis
- KPI analysis
- Balance sheets
- Produce a monthly balance sheet
- Monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Monthly cash flow reconciliations
- Stock control
- Monthly stock reconciliations (EATEC) in conjunction with the Trading Manager
- Support the detailed preparation of annual trading budget and forecasts
- Interim and year end reporting
- Provide and collate audit file for the interim and year end periods
- Support for raceday operations including cash office and systems support
You must be suitably qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with strong technical accounting skills and evidence of a progressive career. Excellent IT and organisational skills are pre-requisite. An interest in (or prior experience within) the sports, hospitality or leisure industries would be an advantage.
In return we offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits scheme including:
- 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays)
- Free annual membership to the Racecourse + complimentary tickets
- Discounted Health Club membership
- Reduced rate childcare at the Rocking Horse Nursery on-site
- Contributory pension scheme matched up to 5%
- Private healthcare scheme
- Life assurance scheme
- Free parking
- Opportunities for training and career growth
Please note this is a fixed term 18 month maternity cover contract (with the possibility of future extension) and we are keen to provide a full and thorough handover period. The availability to start soon or even immediately would therefore be of benefit.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter including current remuneration details and quoting reference number CND-T455 to Hugh Nickerson at Conundrum Consulting Ltd.
All direct and third party responses will be forwarded to Conundrum.