Manage and Lead the following areas of the finance department; control, compliance, treasury, internal and external audit process and management accounting team. Ensuring integrity in construction of the financial accounts and financial reporting provided to both the Divisional Executive team and Group Finance.
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Financial Reporting
- Consolidated Accounts
- Statutory accounts and taxation
- Production of Management Accounts ensuring timely and accurate management accounting and reporting
- Submission of Management Accounts to the Exec and Group
- Responsible for budgeting and forecasting
- Development of the Management Accounting team
- Managing and streamlining financial operations
- Auditor liaison and coordination in conjunction with Business Partners
- Maintaining robust controls and compliance with Group & Divisional policies and procedures
- Provide ad hoc management reporting as required
- Responsible for risk and risk management and BCP reporting across the Division
- Involvement in key projects to improve processes and systems
- Forecasting and Budgeting
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the jobholder may be required on occasion to perform other duties assigned by the supervisor/manager. This job description is a guide to the duties and responsibilities of the post and is not exhaustive. Subject to the needs of the service, the content of the job description for this post is subject to continuous review.
Minimum Academic Achievements
- Qualified Accountant ACA/CIMA/ACCA level or equivalent
- Degree level academic qualification
- 5+ years PQE
- Experience of streamlining and enhancing accounting processes
- Experience of developing and improving financial reporting
Ideally practice trained but commercial experience.
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to liaise and work closely with Directors and Senior Management.
- Excellent reporting skills
- Able to multi task and undertake multiple projects at once.
- Attentive to detail