- Full Time
New Financial Controller role in fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Your new company
This organisation is an independent technology and innovation company whose purpose is to promote, develop and facilitate the commercialisation and advancement of the satellite applications industry. The company is a not for profit Research Organisation, with a commercial trading subsidiary. The organisation embraces an open and innovative culture, encouraging an ethos of knowledge exchange and sector engagement, and has quickly become a world class centre of facilities and expertise.
Your new role
This is an exceptional opportunity for an individual to further their career within an innovative and forward thinking environment. The successful candidate will gain vast experience working overseeing the end to end production of the management accounts. The individual will interact with all areas of the business and will be able to put their own stamp on the role.
What you'll need to succeed
- ACA/CIMA/ACCA qualified
- 3-5 years post qualification industry experience, ideally with experience gained in finance manager/business partner role in a dynamic industry.
- Experience of managing a small team
- Ability to take a hands on approach.
- Enthusiastic with adaptable mindset and able to challenge existing methods of working
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and time management skills: a team player.
- High degree of IT literacy, including advanced excel skills.
- Ability to problem solve and work to deadlines/under pressure.
- Ability to influence key decision makers and to challenge when necessary.
- An interest in financial compliance and accounting standards.
What you'll get in return
Competitive salary, with decent pension provision and free parking
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Hays Specialist Recruitment Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.