My Client, a leading, multi billion turnover, Global Manufacturing Company operating in over 40 countries is actively searching a talented Financial Controller.
With a track record of promoting individuals internally from within this position, this is an ideal role for an individual looking to make their first move from practice into industry or a CIMA/ ACCA qualified accountant who is looking to progress their career within a Global organisation
As a key support to the Finance Director, you will be focused on assisting the drive for Finance to play an integral role in operational change and decision support within the division.
Principal responsibilities will include;
- Working with the Finance Director to control and develop reporting to improve management understanding of business performance and to drive effective decision making
- Assist in the preparation of budgets, forecasts, operational reviews and monthly reports to enable the management team to analyse and manage business performance
- Support the Finance Director in driving improvements in forecasting control and reporting
- Maintain the framework for capital reporting and control
- Assist the Finance Director in driving a better understanding of working capital and cash flow to improve reporting, control and forecasting
- Working closely with the management team to report on and develop effective KPI’s to drive improvements in decision making
- Control of HQ budget Key interface with marketing function, site controllers and central Finance Support to manufacturing sites when required to understand and resolve issues or for ad hoc projects
- Preparation of annual financial statements and tax packs for the legal UK entity
Being a qualified accountant you will ideally have experience of global manufacturing from either Practice or Industry. With a Practical “hands on” approach with excellent attention to detail along with good communication and networking skills. Excellent computer skills are essential with experience required of Excel, Lotus Notes and financial consolidation reporting packages, such as OutlookSoft or Hyperion.