The role holder is responsible for undertaking key revenue activities within the Finance function. Specific activities will include invoicing of institutional clients, monthly income accounting for inclusion in the financial accounts, monthly revenue reporting and commentary, and ad hoc revenue project work to support business decisions.
- Responsible for all components of income generated from assigned clients, mainly for Segregated clients.
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to the raising of invoices, accounting for income, monthly accruals and ensuring completeness of income. This will also include assisting in Invoice and Debtor MI and Ledger Reconciliation
- Ensuring invoices are raised accurately in a timely manner and unpaid invoices are chased for settlement as appropriate.
- Liaising with Client Relationship Managers to resolve billing issues and collect unpaid debts, and also resolving Client queries.
- Preparing invoices and reviewing invoices prepared by team members.
- Assist in ad hoc revenue projects and analysis e.g. charging methodology sensitivity analysis, building and enhancing existing MI capabilities
- Liaise with the Business Partners and key stakeholders to understand the business changes to ensure the correct revenue is accounted for.
- Support the Finance Manager with any new responsibilities that may emerge.
- Liaise with external auditors during the year end audit process.
- Input to the new billing and revenue management system, including design and testing.
- Ensure that procedure manuals are kept up to date and accurately reflect current processes.
- Ensure that appropriate processes and systems are in place.
The applicant should be either be ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified or studying with significant "on the job" accounting experience.
The application of key accounting principles including double entry bookkeeping and the concept of accruals is key to this role. The jobholder must therefore either hold or be working towards an appropriate accountancy qualification, and have significant on-the-job experience with a Finance environment.
Investment Management Knowledge
The preparation of segregated invoices involves a detailed understanding of a variety of derivative instruments and their valuation methodologies, in order to ensure that appropriate charging methodologies are applied. It is therefore preferable for the jobholder to have knowledge or experience with these types of financial instruments.
Good knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint and Word is required for this role. The role holder will be expected to develop knowledge of SUN, Vision and Revport.
This role requires the jobholder to interact with stakeholders across the organisation, and with external customers. The jobholder should therefore have strong written and verbal communication skills.
The jobholder should show a willingness to openly share views and findings with other team members and a desire to take an active role in team meetings and discussions with management.
Tolerance of Pressure
Particularly during the busy month-end period, the jobholder will be required to manage a variety of different deliverables concurrently. The ability to cope with periods of high pressure is therefore a key skill for this role.
The jobholder should be able to work independently to develop and enhance processes and to identify, investigate and resolve issues.
The jobholder should show a willingness and desire to surpass expectations and to proactively expand their knowledge.
Strong numeracy skills are a key requirement of this role, and the role holder should be comfortable with key financial concepts and able to accurately handle volumes of financial data, manipulate the data for use in other financial or operational processes.
Ability to develop and motivate team members and develop strong relationship skills with individuals at all levels of an organisation.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.