Principal Finance Officer
2 days left
- Full Time
To play a lead role in driving the financial performance of services within the organisation.
To provide timely and details financial information and analysis to key stakeholders within the organisation
To act as a conduit with key budget holders, providing reviews and advice to deliver key budgetary and organisational targets.
Liaise with external bodies as required to facilitate the flow of information.
KEY RESULT AREAS
Accounting and Financial Services
- Provision of accurate and timely financial information and analysis to key stakeholders.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets, provision of ongoing regular budgetary reviews and advice to deliver to financial goals and objectives.
- Production of financial forecasts, costing and analysis of potential efficiencies.
- Analysis of systems and processes to maximize operations effectiveness and service performance
- Formulation of annual revenue and capital estimates.
- Conducting detailed analysis and producing business cases to support major decision-making.
- Play lead role in driving performance against budgets for services.
- Key point of contact for internal and external stakeholders, participating in working groups.
- Working with senior stakeholders providing financial information, analysis and advice to drive policy and activities.
- Playing a key role on major organisational projects, providing financial support, advice and analysis.
- Assist in annual statutory process, providing timely information and supporting all audit activity.
- Review processes and activities to ensure compliance with legislative and service initiatives.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE:
- A Qualified Accountant
- Local Authority Experience
- Strong experience of budgetary reviews
- Advanced communications and analytical skills
- Service/solutions focused outlook
- Positive attitude to work.
Apply for Principal Finance Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly