A growing FMCG / Consumer business based in Zone 1 are looking to take on a Financial Accountant following a recent organisational restructure. The role will be reporting into the Head of Transactional Services and assisting in the build of their Shared Service division. You will be responsible for the Purchase Ledger, Sales Leger, Expenses and Cashbook and ensuring all functions work effectively and efficiently in line with the business strategy.
Key duties of the role include:
* Managing the Accounts Payable process from vendor set up through to query resolution, payment runs and supplier relationship management
* Managing the Accounts Receivable process from new customer credit checks to ensuring queries are resolved quickly and efficiently
* Managing regular KPI reporting, aged creditor and aged debtor reports
* Ensuring bank reconciliations have been performed and a detailed review is completed each month
* Overseeing staff expenses, ensuring payments are made in line with company policy and monthly reconciliations are completed accurately
* Providing guidance and development to a team of 6 transactional staff
* Establishing and managing strong stakeholder relationships with the Fixed Assets team, Property, IT and Reporting
To be considered for this vacancy, you must demonstrate the ability to challenge current practices and make recommendations to improve efficiencies. You will be part qualified or finalist in ACCA / CIMA and understand the importance of creating and maintaining robust processes at all times. You must be comfortable in hitting tight deadline, work well in a team with strong business acumen. A background within a large consumer / FMCG business would be an advantage but not essential and you must have experience of managing or mentoring staff.