This exciting opportunity with a fast growing manufacturing and technology joint venture provides a the successful applicant the opportunity to be part of a small global team reporting to the Head of Tax. Responsibilities will include tax consultancy on cross border projects (plant design and build projects), group reporting, working on a variety of tax initiatives and operational management of tax for the UK group companies.
A fast growing joint venture, established by two multinationals, this provides a rare opportunity to work in a truly international environment, with exposure to senior stakeholders in the business.
- Provide tax consultancy to the operational business in respect of the taxation of cross border design and build projects within the Metals industry.
- Provision of initial outline advice on overseas tax compliance, and the optimum ways of doing tax compliant business in specific countries, including the tax clauses required in customer contracts.
- Develop advice for specific projects, including tax registrations, Permanent Establishments, withholding taxes, VAT and similar taxes.
- Monitor the tax compliance of cross border projects and ensure tax returns and payments are managed appropriately
- Consolidation and management of quarterly IFRS corporate and deferred tax reporting for the worldwide group, including Effective Tax Rate and cash tax payments, liaison with Auditors, training and support to subsidiary entities.
- Manage the UK corporate tax, VAT, and other taxes for the UK resident Joint Venture Headquarter / Operational Company and Group Finance Company.
- Provide general UK tax advice in all areas of tax (corporate, VAT and employment taxes) and build strong relationships with company functions as well as third party advisors.
- Develop and maintain a good relationship with UK tax authorities and ensure full Senior Accounting Officer status is maintained.
The ideal candidate would have:
- A good foundation of UK and international tax knowledge.
- International tax experience.
- Strong accounting skills with a full understanding of IFRS deferred tax and current taxation for multinational groups.
- Presentation of consolidated information in an understandable way suitable for non-tax specialists.
- Self-starter working on own initiative with the ability to formulate tax critical decisions and ensure such decisions are enacted within the business.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and advisors around the world.
£50,000 - £60,000 + benefits