Legal Entity Controller
Legal Entity Control
The Legal Entity Control team are part of the Corporate & Investment Bank Business and Finance team. The team are also responsible for the production of the statutory accounts in the UK.
The team in London, are primarily responsible for the oversight of the legal entities in the UK and ensuring that a strong control environment exists as it relates to all businesses, products and operational areas that impact the UK financial accounts.
The team are responsible for ensuring that all legal entity implications are considered for all transactions that flow through the entities. Individual members of the team are required to have a firm understanding of the products and business that use the entities. The team collaborate extensively with the Product and Business Controllers who have primary responsibility for the business activities.
This role has been specifically created in statutory accounts production team within LEC. The individual will be part of the team responsible for coordination & project management of statutory accounts production as well as audit for key EMEA regulated entities. The work is challenging with tight regulatory deadlines and therefore requires strong time management as well as technical skills. According to work flow patterns the candidate may also be involved in other aspects of the group's responsibilities, such as liquidations and strategic restructurings. The successful candidate will join a meritocratic, team orientated environment, committed to individual development and long term career development.
- Produce statutory financial statements, including audit supports and files.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders including Product Control, Tax, Regulatory Reporting, Technology and Corporate teams to enable an effective coordination of the process.
- Work closely with PwC auditors to ensure the issues are resolved and the deadlines are met.
- Prepare board reports for the statutory accounts.
- Co-ordinate various statutory accounts production & audit tasks and support the team on various initiatives.
- Support various projects and initiatives which impact the legal entity including product, Infrastructure, Regulatory, Compliance and other business driven initiatives.
- Ownership of statutory accounts software (W-desk).
Skills, knowledge & Experience
- Qualified accountant with 2-4 years PQE.
- Experience of bank financial accounting and products.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge with experience in stats production and managing audits.
- Ability to work under considerable time pressure, whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and quality.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills and able to demonstate an ability to build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Strong analytical ability, being able to discuss legal entity and business results and issues with senior management.
- Good product knowledge, with an ability to develop an understanding of new products.
- Ability to partner and influence across businesses and other support groups.
- Control focus and mindset at all times, whilst respectively challenging the status quo.
- Attention to detail whilst being cognizant of materiality levels.
- Project management experience.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.