Finance Analyst - Emerging Markets
We are seeking to hire commercially focused Finance Analyst to join our large finance team here at Disney on a permanent basis. This role offers an excellent opportunity for a recently qualified individual (ACA or equivalent) looking to make their first move out of practice into a Business Partnering role within industry.
The Emerging Markets Media Networks and Distribution Finance team is responsible for financial analysis, commercial support, collating the annual budget and quarterly forecasts for Programme Sales, Disney Channels and Disney Ad Sales and Promotions across 5 territory clusters – Africa, Middle East, Turkey, Israel and Greece.
Aims of the Job:
- Support the Finance Manager in producing all key deliverables for Disney Media Distribution (DMD), Programme Sales, across the region.
- Serve as a critical analytical finance partner to the business, especially in deal modelling and maintaining planning tools and communicating performance during the quarterly close process.
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Responsible for quarterly close (accruals, roadmap), quarter end reporting, analysis and communication to stakeholders.
- Produce and maintain planning models for the forecast, AOP and 5YP for DMD under supervision of the Finance Manager. In particular, build and maintain quarterly reporting packs for all stakeholders.
- Forecast and AOP activities
- Maintain an accurate database for all local productions to assess the profitability by title and territory.
- Liaise with cross-functional Programming cluster teams to develop genre specific ultimates.
- Track and report key title and franchise performance.
- Become central knowledge source on markets, industry and technologies issues, distribution (contracts, competitors, etc.)
Decision Support and Other Areas
- Commercial Support: Provide Finance analysis and support to Sales team during DMD deal negotiations. Deal valuation models to incorporate scenarios. Work with Sales team to understand client’s negotiating position and deal parameters; ensures Sales team receives appropriate supporting financial information to optimise revenues.
- Produce clear and timely quarterly updates on departmental costs to management.
- Assess and flag to Finance Manager and or Finance Director risks and opportunities which may impact our forecasts / budget.
- University educated with excellent academic record (or equivalent proven work experience); ACA or CIMA qualified - Big 4 experience preferred.
- Proven experience and understanding of working in a commercial, multi-cultural, multi-currency and multinational business environment.
- Proven experience of using SAP & Cognos, or similar accounting and reporting systems.
- Proven experience of stakeholder management and presentation to non-finance people, as well as dealing with all levels of an organisation.
- Interest in Media / Broadcast industry essential
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits
Imagine the stories you can be a part of…
Right to work in the UK
Please note that all of our UK based roles require you to have the existing right to work in the UK