2 days left
- Full Time
This Indirect Tax Analyst role works to advise and assist this multinational resources company on their indirect tax affairs. The role shall also entail identifying and supporting the Manager in improving current, tax systems, processes and policies to support the growing needs of the tax department and the wider Group.
The world's largest gas producer and one of the world's largest energy companies. Headquartered in London, the Group operates to provide a global marketing reach, round the clock operational coverage and excellent customer service.
The Tax Department proactively manages and minimizes the group's tax affairs through efficient and effective tax planning and robust compliance. A close working relationship with front office ensures tax is always at the heart of the commercial operations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparation and Review of all relevant VAT, Energy Tax and Statistical declarations for a number of locations including but not limited to UK, Ireland, France, Netherlands, Germany, Slovakia, Singapore and Mexico
- Working closely with the group's outsourced tax compliance service provider to provide data and any other relevant information to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of indirect tax declarations
- Preparation of all monthly VAT balance sheet and turnover reconciliations
- Acting as operational point of contact for Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and general business/operational VAT queries
- Providing guidance notes and training to finance team and the business as and when required
- Ensuring all VAT and indirect tax processes are documented in process notes
- Assisting with, advice and/or reporting on specific areas of indirect tax as required
- Working closely with other support functions to provide Indirect Tax operational input and support, including finance, treasury, IT, HR, internal audit, shareholder support, legal and risk teams
- Staying abreast of ongoing changes indirect tax legislation in each relevant country and manages team to apply in practice.
Skills & Competencies
- Ability to apply knowledge of indirect tax principles to systems, processes and policies
- Ability to build relationships with stakeholders and to manage multiple priorities
- Commercially astute and risk-aware
- Ability to act assertively, self-motivated and proactive.
- Knowledge of Indirect Tax fundamentals and ability to quickly research and understand country-specific legislative nuances in this area
- Previous exposure to international indirect tax compliance matters desirable but not essential
- Competent in VAT accounting requirements.
- Degree educated (or equivalent) in business, accounting, management or other discipline
- Relevant post graduate finance or tax qualification e.g. AAT, ATT, ACA, CTA or equivalent required.
£50,000 - £60,000 + bonus, pension and excellent benefits