Newly Qualified Accountant
This position will both challenge and reward the right personality, and you will be part of team that is building one of the world's strongest trading and brokerage brands, and part of a firm that uses technology in all aspects of its business to generate growth.
This position is part of the UK Finance team which is responsible for all aspects of UK accounting and reporting. The UK Finance team is part of the Group's brokerage financial management.
- Preparing monthly management accounts.
- Preparing annual statutory accounts and supporting the annual audit process.
- Maintaining and posting accruals for corporation tax.
- Assisting with identifying and posting IFRS to US GAAP adjustments.
- Liaising with Regulatory, Treasury and Clearing functions for liquidity, capital and custody requirements.
- Supporting the preparation of daily regulatory capital calculations.
- Developing functional business requirements to enhance existing financial accounting, controls and operational systems, and to meet the requirements of new products or changes to accounting standards
- Interface with other groups within the firm to ensure controls are maintained when changes to process or infrastructure occur
- University educated
- Qualified or Recently Qualified UK Chartered Accountant (ACA / ACCA), working in either industry or professional audit practice.
- Knowledge of IFRS Accounting Standards
- Self-starter with strong analytical and communication skills, as this role requires extensive global interaction and independent work
- Positive, professional attitude and presence.
- Financial services background - ideally from a Big 4 Firm
- Relevant accounting knowledge and experience in working with equities, foreign exchange, metals and derivatives.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.