Assurance & Accounts Supervisor/Senior
1 day left
- Full Time
A new role has arisen at a proactive and fast growing accountancy practice in London.
The firm are looking for a confident individual to liaise with their clients and manage the seniors and semi-seniors within the team as the role progresses.
The successful candidate must be either qualified ACA/ ACCA or qualified by experience with strong audit knowledge
This long standing and prestigious accountancy practice prides itself on offering a professional, personal and friendly service.
Their office is conveniently based in the heart of Finchley and have clients spread throughout the capital and beyond.
They look after a variety of clients and offer a wide range of services. They work with clients in sectors such as leisure, high net worth individuals, contractors and retailers who supply supermarkets. They also offer a broad range of services such as audit, accounts, personal taxation and business consultancy all of which you will be able to get involved in if you so wish.
This client focuses on developing new and fresh ideas in order to truly modernise accountancy. As a result, not only do they retain their clients but also are able to gain referrals and develop brand new relationships.
They are also moving with the times and have a focus on developing a brand new audit team looking after the audits and the accounts for all clients over the audit threshold.
This role will offer the successful applicant to oversee the work of both seniors and semi-seniors to the audit clients of the business.
You will be heavily involved in the development of a new team and with this team development there will be huge opportunity for progression.
This client facing role will allow you to work with interesting clients from interior designers through to private equity houses.
- Take responsibility for achieving agreed budgets and meeting deadlines.
- To act as day-to-day point of contact for the client, and to practice the principles of excellent client service at all times.
- Setting objectives for more junior staff and supervising them on site, reviewing their work and coaching on the job where necessary.
- To ensure audit quality at all times.
- To summarise time spent on regular basis, and to perform the firm's review and completion procedures before passing the files for manager review.
- Close liaison with clients, and other stakeholders, often direct contact at Partner level.
- To develop and maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge.
- Spotting Practice Development opportunities with clients and progressing these in liaison with Partner.
- To carry out rigorous aspects of the assignment efficiently and thoroughly.
- To communicate any problems with the assignment manager immediately, identifying and commenting upon the possible solutions.
- Prepare and maintain working paper files to a very high standard
- Design and complete assurance work in accordance with engagement plan.
- Produce the Audit of accounts for both corporate and non-corporate entities of various sizes
- Drafting reports covering financial statements, client business issues, systems and controls.
- Identify opportunities for additional work/cross selling
- Develop support team by on the job training, directing and supervising their work
- Follow firm's methodology and apply professional ethics and standards
- Help to identify opportunities for additional work to up-sell and cross sell services to clients in conjunction with Manager/Partner
- Begin to develop own professional network for marketing and introducing new clients
- Act with honesty, fairness and integrity in all dealings with clients, contacts and colleagues whilst respecting confidentiality and building trust
- Seek opportunities to develop new skills
- Maintain client confidentiality out of the office, including on client premises.
- Maintain liaison with clients to ensure timely provision of services
- Previous work in an accountancy practice
- Meticulous with attention to detaExcellent team player
- Desire to take on responsibility and develop the role
- Qualified to ACA/ACCA level with previous work in practice.
- Technically excellent.
- Outstanding Audit ability at all stages from planning through to completion.
- High level of personal motivation.
- Good communication skills.
- Willing to get involved and help clients.
- Willing to advise clients and develop client relationships.
- Ability to organise and motivate the team.
- Ability to manage time effectively
- London Based
- Client Exposure
- Portfolio Development
- Huge scope for career progression
- £45,000 - £55,000