UK Accounting Manager
The UK Accounting Manager will be responsible for all UK management reporting including month end and weekly reporting, alongside FCA regulatory reporting.
My client is renowned for its expertise in data management, high volume transaction processing and reconciliations, payments and stakeholder engagement, and is represented in all major financial markets, generating over USD2 billion in revenue in the last financial year and employing over 12,000 staff worldwide.
- Legal entity responsibility of 6-7 trading UK companies
- Management of a team of circa 3/4 financial accountants and assistant financial accountants. Support, motivate and develop staff to maximise their performance.
- Year end accounting requirements, including liaison with Mortgage Servicing CFO and external auditors
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the UK's accounting records and financial systems.
- Responsible for UK reporting of financial performance on a timely basis, including related management reports.
- Timely production / review of regulatory reports.
- Monitoring and interpreting cash flows and predicting future trends.
- Support UK Business Controller with ad hoc requests and reporting.
- Qualified accountant, with strong analytics, a detail focused approach and broad technical comprehension including an understanding of FRS101 and IFRS;
- Have the ability to motivate and develop accountants;
- Have excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
Essential Skills, Experience and Competencies
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified; 3-5+ years post qualification experience;
- Highly developed interpersonal skills;
- Self-motivated, with the ability to manage teams to achieve challenging targets and deadlines;
- Experienced at working with a variety of business units and presenting to senior management and/or director level;
- Proven experience of managing a team of professional and qualified people.
Desirable Skills, Experience and Competencies
- Proven experience of managing a team;
- Prior experience within a services-based industry;
- High level of Excel ability;
- CaseWare / Epicor / HFM knowledge;
- Prior experience within a multi-national organisation.
This role will pay a basic salary of up to £50,000, plus a competitive package.