Interim Technical Accountant
As part of the Technical Accounting team, your main responsibilities will include the review and challenge of mortgage impairment provisioning assumptions and calculations, in addition to providing accounting advice to the rest of Finance and other specialist teams. There is scope to interact with a range of stakeholders across the business as well as externally.
A well regarded Financial Services organisation in Leeds.
* Preparation of technical accounting papers and mortgage impairment MI for senior management and the Board
* Preparation of regulatory returns in respect of mortgage impairment provisions
* Support interim and year end reporting process
* Relationship management of both internal and external stakeholders
* Resolving ad-hoc technical accounting queries from other areas of the business
* Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
* Rigorous, methodical and well organised, ensuring that activities are correctly prioritised and that all interested parties are aware of responsibilities, deadlines and progress.
* Intellectually strong and capable of digesting and interpreting financial information.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, such as report writing skills.
* Experience of working in a in a multi-disciplined, deadline-driven, Finance function.
* Excellent analytical and reporting skills.
* Strong Excel skills with the ability to undertake analysis of large amounts of data.
* Ability to identify and address key risks/implications associated with any activities or changes.
* Financial Services experience would help but is not essential
* c.£40,000 DOE
* 27 days holiday + stats
* Private Medical Insurance
* Pension Scheme