4 days left
- Full Time
Specialist Asset Management firms seeks the talents of a Finance Manager for a newly created role in their outstanding offices near to Mayfair. The fund are an established business and operate in a niche area of the market investing into a highly lucrative asset class. The office is just over twenty people in total with a very open door policy allowing you direct access to the CEO and senior management team.
Reporting into the Financial Controller and as part of a team of 4 in finance, the role will broadly cover the following three areas:
- Day to day control and reporting for a newly created and regulated financial services business the company has recently established. This will involve setting up all accounting record for the new entity, monthly management accounts, annual statutory accounts and any ad hoc analysis for the CEO.
- Assisting the FD with oversight of the fund accounting (which is outsourced). This will include approving monthly accounts/NAV and assisting with shadowing administrator records.
- Supporting the FC with an array of ad hoc financial analysis related to their underlying investments and portfolio. This is likely to be highly project based work and would suit someone with a background in management accounting or financial analysis.
The ideal candidate is likely to be…
- Fully qualified - ACA, CA, ACCA, ACMA, CPA or equivalent - with relevant post qualification experience working in the finance or fund accounting team of an asset manager or insurance company (essential). You'll need reasonably broad experience with a preference for someone who has some fund accounting knowledge and understanding.
- A bit of a finance generalist with experience across financial and management accounting. You'll need to know how to manipulate data in excel, write reports and commentary and be able to work independently across a range of complex tasks and deadlines.
- Bright, intelligent and able to talk to people from all walks of life and backgrounds. Given the small size of the company, this role will deal with front office and external parties on a daily basis and as such needs someone with an approachable personality who is easy going and measured in their approach.
The culture of the business is its strongest selling point with a genuinely empowering working environment and the chance to join a business that has doubled headcount in the last 18 months. There's regular drinks and social activities and it's a down to earth business where a good sense of humour will be greatly appreciated.
Salary on offer is £60-65,000 (DOE) base plus above market benefits and a healthy discretionary bonus. Please apply online for immediate consideration or for more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Glen Roberts at Marks Sattin
Apply for Corporate Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly