Boutique corporate finance house seeks to appoint a Financial Controller to a wide ranging and highly commercial role. The company are an independent advisory firm with an established book of business and are headed up by a number of industry veterans with significant tenure in the UK and International market. The role of Financial Controller is an all encompassing position that will include elements of a traditional finance position alongside broader operational responsibilities.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Ownership of cashflow planning, budgeting and forecasting.
- Key member of the management team and input into strategy and commercial decision making; trusted advisor to the Partners.
- Oversight of all core financial tasks - monthly management accounts, annual statutory accounts, partnership returns, VAT and other tax matters.
- Reviewing and co-ordinating all financial matters for several overseas offices and subsidiaries.
- UK and overseas regulatory reporting.
- Management of all other non revenue generating aspects of the business, ie: HR, IT and other outsourced third parties.
- Involvement in significant project work as and when required.
- Qualified Accountant - ACA, CA, ACCA, ACMA or equivalent - with experience in a similar Finance Manager or Financial Controller role
- Proven experience working in an SME with any previous LLP accounting knowledge an added bonus.
- Financial Services experience would be helpful but isn't essential and the CFO is keen to also consider candidates from commerce and industry.
- Self starter, intelligent, thoughtful, trustworthy and with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Credible track record of partnering with an entrepreneurial senior management team.
This role is looking to make a speedy appointment so please get in touch as soon as possible or for more information or a confidential discussion please contact Glen Roberts at Marks Sattin