Commercial Finance Manager
A FTSE-listed property developer are looking to recruit a Commercial Finance Manager to join their thriving London office.
About the role:
Reporting to the Head of Finance and the Operations Director, the Commercial Finance Manager will take full financial ownership of a number of key property developments for the company.
The Commercial Finance Manager will be a strong business partner, working with the Operations team, as well as project directors, construction, sales & marketing and the wider group finance team. Strong communication skills and the ability to think commercially are therefore key.
My client looks for finance staff who are genuinely interested in the real estate industry, and how the business is running operationally, how they can add value, how they can make process and systems more efficient, rather than people who hide behind a spreadsheet.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure projects are completely and accurately forecast
- Partner the Production Director to run the Production Unit effectively
- Provide accurate analysis of development options and provide commercial recommendations.
- Proactively contribute to project teams to aid the strategic direction of sites
- Liaise with surveyors to ensure the correct forecast of build costs
- Review and control pre-development expenditure across projects
- Review and report on project marketing costs
- Provide project forecasts, and ensure financial deliverables are up to date and complete
- Ensure accurate recording of sales, providing analytics & feedback on pricing and mix where appropriate, therefore contributing to sales strategy
- Review and control debtors, deposits and progress payments
- Provide project post site audits and reports
- Forecast project cashflow as accurately as possible
- To review management accounts and monitor void position
- Co-ordinate and complete ad-hoc Group requests
- Preparing and reviewing a tax plan for projects. Ensuring a tax efficient project structure.
- Review of the development's commercial property assets and implementation of occupation and sales strategy
You will ideally be/have:
- ACA qualified (or overseas equivalent), ideally big 4
- Further commercial experience in industry
- An interest/experience in the real estate sector
- Strong communication skills
- Proven business partnering ability
To apply for this unique opportunity, please get in touch!