Head of Accounting
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious and highly driven ACA qualified Head of Accounting to join a rapidly growing international business in Birmingham. The business has been operating in the UK for 3 years and has already achieved revenues in excess of £300m.
Reporting to the UK Finance Director, the Head of Finance will lead an Accounts Payable and Treasury team and will have overall responsibility for the preparation of annual and interim Statutory Accounts, monthly Management Accounts, cashflow forecasting and banking. The Head of Accounting will ensure that the finance function operates within a robust control framework and adheres to GAAPs.
The Head of Accounting will also own external relationships with the bank and auditors.
Person and Skills Required:
- Experience of working in Energy/Utility businesses
- Experience of working in a highly visible, delivery-focused and fast paced environment
- Excellent Technical Financial skills
- Experience of Accounting in a SME environment
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/CA/FCA) - minimum 3 years PQE
- Hands-on, with the ability to also see the bigger picture
- Excellent attention to detail
- Advanced MS Excel user
- Experience of using Accountancy software
- Good communication skill
- Able to take on ad-hoc deliverables
- Full understanding of developments in Accounting best practice