Audit/ Accounts Senior
1 day left
- Full Time
About the Practice
Our client, an established Accountancy Practice of over 40 years with two offices in the Manchester and surrounding areas and a large handful of Partners from different and varying backgrounds are currently looking for an "Audit/ Accounts Senior" to support their Partners in the Manchester office.
As a Practice they have a range of services including but not limitied to the followng:-
- Family Business Accountants
- Growth Business Accountants
- Tax Advice
- PAYE & Payroll Services
- Outsourced Financial Management
- Forensic Accounting
- Corporate Finance Accounting
- AIM Accountants
- Property Accountants
- Retail Accounting
- Actors and Entertainers
- Doctors & Medical Professionals
- Dentists and the Dental Profession
- Care Homes
Their MISSION includes providing the highest quality accounting, tax and consulting services.
Part of their STRATEGY is to focus on their clients' success by forming a mixed group of professionals from Partners through to other experts all of whom are able to deliver the best results for each of their individual clients needs.
Part of their PHILOSOPHY is to build long term relationships with their clients, accepting each client's individual uniqueness; ensuring that they match the right mix of experts from Partner level down - to create year on year success. They work in partnerhsip with their clients all the way, driving the business forward and making sure that all their needs are taken care of as and when required.
As part of your key responsibilities you will be given a mixed workload consisting of high net worth individuals, partnerships, trusts, professional sole traders and limited companies with turnovers of upto £100 million, although an average client would be nearer £10m.
In this role you will be expected to manage some technically challenging statutory audits and to oversee (getting involved as necessary) with accounts preparation work, to include consolidations and cash flow statements. You will be expected to report to the Group Partners.
An idea of the work you will get involved in could be broken down as follows:
- Statutory Audits - 60%
- Preparing Financial Statements in respect of Ltd Cos; Partnerships and Trusts
- (although this will reduce as the audit work increases) - 15%
- Ad hoc work including projects & reports, training etc - 25%
What our client is looking for in you is as follows:-
- Our client is ideally looking for someone from either a medium or large sized practice to ensure that you can cope with the size of their average client base.
- You will be either an Audit Accounts Semi-Senior, looking to step up into a Senior position or you will be someone in a similar position already, looking for a firm that would be a better team fit for you in terms of your future career and progression.
- To apply for this role it is expected that you will be ACA or ACCA qualified with a strong Audit / Accounts background already
- You must show a strong academic background wth good current technical skills
- Maybe you have a desire of becoming a Partner one day. If you do, that is fine. Our client wants candidates who are looking to be the top in their profession. Candidates who have a goal that they believe they can achieve
- You should already have a detailed knowledge of bookkeeping, sufficient enough to enable you to manage client relationships where the in-house finance function is inadequate.
- You should already be in a role where at least 50% of your time is on audit assignments.
- You must be able to to provide evidence of outstanding client service levels, problem solving skills and the ability to use your own initiative.
- Previous experience of using computerised accounts or audit packages will be useful
- The firm uses CCH audit software and CCH for Accounts Preparation.
- You must already be client facing, confidently dealing with partners and clients.
- You need to be exeptionally organised with your time and have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to provide accurate work in a timely and cost effective manner
If you are self motivated and passionate with a real drive and hunger to succeed and believe tht you can exceed expectations then I want to hear from you today.
If you are a natural team player with a positive and enthusiastic attitude and feel that this is the role for you then again, I want to hear from you today.
Don't forget to Link in with me too. I will be sure to accept your invitation
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business.
Apply for Audit/ Accounts Senior
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly