Accountancy Practice Office Manager
Our client, a progressive and dynamic organisation based in the Wellingborough area, is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and proactive individual to take on the key role of Office Manager. The successful candidate will support the directors and staff by maintaining the office systems and databases. Our client is seeking someone who has already worked within an Accountants Practice, thus having the experience of the day to day running of same.
Iris Practice Management – Client setups, client maintenance and reports
- Electronic Company Incorporations.
- Company Secretarial procedures, including processing annual returns, appointments, resignations, share issues and share transfers and electronic filing to Companies House.
- Setup of Partnership, sole traders and individuals.
- Time & Fees – managing staff timesheets, client WIP and processing client monthly standing orders.
- Production of reports and data in response to requests from the directors and staff.
- Online registration with HMRC for corporation tax, VAT, PAYE and self-assessment in respect of all new clients.
- Registration and maintenance of clients on our Cloud Solutions – OpenWebsite, OpenBooks, KashFlow and OpenSpace.
- Processing weekly WIP reports for the directors and staff, ensuring that all deadlines are met with Companies House and HMRC
Practice Assurance Procedures
- Processing Money Laundering compliance procedures for all existing and new clients.
- Processing engagement letters.
- Assisting with external annual reviews – preparation of reports and documentation for the Directors and Consultants and responding to requests for information as required.
- Ensuring that all staff comply with procedures and complete the required forms annually in respect of all aspects of practice assurance.
- Maintaining the training register and organising online training courses for staff.
- Co-ordinating the annual performance reviews for all staff.
- Managing one part time Assistant and carrying out annual performance review.
- Co-ordinating and assisting with staff recruitment.
- Carry out induction and database/procedure training for all new staff.
- Ad hoc project work.
- Maintenance of practice records, i.e. contact list, publications, staff records, staff vehicle register, professional fee protection monthly lists, holiday records
- Ordering of stationery and supplies
- Proven experience of using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Proven experience of working as an administrator with a significant level of responsibility in a busy professional office environment – ideally experience in an accountants office
- Experience of Iris software would be an advantage, alternatively, database experience essential with the ability to resolve issues
The ideal candidate will have the following Skills, Abilities & Personal Attributes:
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner, with the ability to resolve issues appropriately.
- Flexible, with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Proactive, organised and methodical, with an ability to grasp details, reach appropriate resolutions and meet deadlines.
- High level of personal and professional commitment.
- Confident but approachable manner with the ability to build effective relationships with staff and clients.
- Ability to multi-task in a sometimes demanding fast paced environment.
- Ability to compose written correspondence to a high standard and in fluent English (including grammar, spelling and punctuation).
- Ability to take charge and assist staff in prioritising and organising their tasks,especially when volume of work is high and deadlines have to be met.
- Common sense.
- Attention to detail.
The role is based in the Wellingborough area but within commutable distance of Rushden, Bedford, Northampton, Thrapston and Kettering
Debbie Burbage Financial Recruitment is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. Candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.