A vacancy for a Group Accountant has arisen for an ambitious qualified accountant to join a company enjoying continual expansion and growth. Reporting directly to the Group Finance Director, the role’s responsibilities are as follows;
- Preparation of subsidiary company statutory accounts and assisting the group financial controller with the preparation of the annual report.
- Preparation of annual budgets and 3-5 year plans for all head office departments and other forecasts throughout the year as required.
- Management and coordination of annual budget and 3-5 year plan process ensuring all group companies adhere to timetables and submission deadlines. Presentation of results to the board.
- Consolidation of group budgets and 3-5 year plans.
- Assisting in preparation of annual report including preparation of disclosures, liaising with designers in respect of design of the report, ensuring the accurate and timely production of the annual report.
- Preparation of all subsidiary company statutory accounts, both trading and dormant companies, and liaising with auditors to ensure all queries are resolved.
- Preparation of group pension scheme statutory accounts and liaising with pension scheme auditors.
- To provide complete, accurate and timely IFRS accounting expertise and advice. Maintain a strong knowledge base utilising this to evaluate potential impact on the group accounts and identify appropriate accounting treatments.