Group Financial Controller
Our client is an innovative manufacturing business with exciting expansion plans. Reporting to the CFO key responsibilities will include –
- Staff management including recruitment, support and guidance and appraisal.
- Working with CFO and Departmental Heads to prepare annual budgets and Quarterly reforecasts
- Preparing and reviewing monthly consolidated management accounts, identifying and investigating variances and preparing dashboards and supporting narrative.
- Preparing monthly financial upload file for Shareholders and the Bank.
- Undertaking regular reforecasting, liaising with CFO and Departmental Heads.
- Cash flow forecasting, monitoring and reporting - effectively managing the working capital components of the company
- Liaising with key customers where credit controller has escalated issues.
- Overseeing day-to-day banking including payment approvals.
- Financial covenant calculations and monitoring to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Overseeing VAT and related taxes and returns
- Liaising with HMRC and being main contact for VAT queries, inspections and related correspondence.
- Overseeing corporation tax.
- Acting as key contact for auditors.
- Ensuring the provision of timely and valuable management and operational information across the business in order to assist budget holders in the effective management of their costs and revenue targets.
- Undertaking ad hoc projects, as defined by CFO.
You will be a Qualified Accountant (preferably ACA qualified) with a track record of managing successful teams. You must be a self-starter with strong leadership skills and the ability to build strong relationships at a senior level. Preferably you will have worked in manufacturing environment and for a growing SME.