Group Financial Accountant
Partner Financial are currently supporting a leading Fintech business with the recruitment of a Group Financial Accountant. Multi award winning, their strategic focus over the last couple of years has been around the launch of updated and new products, acquisitions and expanding their customer base. They are now about to embark on a new project which has led to the requirement of this role. They add value to their customer by offering a product that allows them to be resilient, efficient and competitive. This ultimately impacts on performance, growth and innovation.
A key hire within the Group function, this role would suit an individual who is resilient and driven to achieve. Due to the change the business is about to experience, it is essential that you understand ‘what good looks like’ and have a mind-set of continuous improvement. This is an ideal first time move for someone who has trained within one of the big 4 Accountancy Firms and is looking to really embed their technical finance experience in a multi-national, complex business.
- Assist in completing the monthly Group consolidation, reviewing submissions from Group companies and analysing balance sheet items;
- Prepare monthly management accounts reports for senior group management;
- Perform monthly intercompany reconciliation procedure for balance sheet and income statement items;
- Assist in quarterly loan covenant compliance by preparing the financial statements, the compliance calculations and guarantor loan and investment tests;
- Assist with production of statutory accounts for head office and other entities;
- Prepare analysis and presentation material as requested, with a specific focus on the balance sheet;
- Work with the business to maintain and develop the group Cognos consolidation system and reports;
- Ensure the business is made aware of changes to accounting standards and their impact on financial reporting;
- Work on projects to implement new accounting and reporting developments and improvements.
The ideal candidate:
- Will be ACA/CA/CPA from a big 4 accountancy firm;
- Will demonstrate strong IFRS/UK GAAP experience;
- Will have experience auditing large, complex businesses;
- Will demonstrate an inquisitive personality with a desire to learn;
- Will be experience of resolving complex technical accounting issues;
- The gravitas to support and develop strong relationships with senior stakeholders across a multitude of functions.
Interested candidates should send their CV to Lisa Bird. I will be contacting candidates with the closest match to the client’s selection criteria within ten days of application to arrange an initial meeting. If you have not heard from me within these timescales, thank you for your interest but please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.