Our client is a leading edge business with a strong online presence having undertaken a growth focussed investment strategy. The business’ EBITDA and Group revenue continue to perform incredibly well and above segment comparisons. The Group is ideally positioned to continue to expand by acquisition and from a continuation of momentum from within the business, particularly internationally. Culturally, thinking ‘customer’ is fundamentally important to support the long term prospects of this brand.
This is a new opportunity and has been created to provide expert financial support to the senior leadership team across all disciplines in the business. As a potential successor for the Group CFO, it is imperative that the successful individual is commercially focussed, has the aptitude and credibility to operate at Board level and is able to lead a reasonably new team that will fulfil the strategic ambitions of the Board. A key contributor to the development and delivery of the Group plans, this is a highly visible role that requires gravitas, motivation and agility to ensure strategy and investment are executed in a way that will maximise value.
- Act as a true business partner to the Executive and Senior Leadership Team within the group to ensure they understand not only the financial performance of their business area, but how they can impact positively on this;
- Design and drive KPI frameworks that provide a clear insight into business performance;
- Take ownership for the overall Group budgeting process, which includes deep dive analysis and review with the Senior Leadership Team;
- Take the lead on post-acquisition and major capital investment reviews to ensure the original business case objectives are being achieved;
- Partner closely with the MDs to create a culture of best practice regarding synergy assessment, appraisal of business lines and value creation for acquired business and development of the existing business;
- Ensure commercial controls are adhered to, without impacting on the strategic objectives of the business;
The successful candidate will have:
- A formal accountancy qualification – ideally ACA with a relevant degree;
- Experience of BI implementation or design in order to eradicate manual processes;
- A naturally commercial individual who has the gravitas to impact business strategy without losing sight of the customer;
- The agility to work in a fast paced environment, where a mind-set of continuous improvement is essential;
- An interest in online/digital consumer brands will be advantageous;
- The ability to transform and influence behaviours in a new team to add commercial value and business partnership ability within all functions;
- An attitude that lends itself to a high growth business that strives to outperform year on year.
We will be contacting candidates with the closest match to the client’s selection criteria within ten days of application to arrange an initial meeting. If you have not heard from us within these timescales, thank you for your interest but please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.