My exclusive client is a high quality independent Heavy Engineering company based in Stoke on Trent. The inspirational MD has set a clear and ambitious growth strategy to attract additional significant levels of investment to further develop their state-of-the-art Production facilities and integrate selective acquisition targets in order to become a dominant market leader in their field, with a view to enhancing enterprise/shareholder value resulting in a successful future exit strategy.
A high calibre Finance Director, with relevant specific experience in a Contract Engineering related environment, is sought to operate as a key business partner to the MD to steer the company through this exciting and challenging "journey".
Key responsibilities/challenges will include:
* Develop a first class Finance team to ensure the production of robust financial and management information.
* Develop KPI's to improve WIP/Contract Costing control and performance of large bespoke Engineering projects.
* Proactive Cash-flow management.
* Develop the entire business infrastructure and industry leading levels of efficiency to ensure the company's investment readiness.
* Operate as the key point of contact to all professional stakeholders - Bank, Auditors, Tax, Legal, Advisors and future investment partners.
* Develop the business plans and related IM documentation to present to various PE firms and other potential funders, to attract the necessary inward investment.
* Manage the capital investment programme to ensure the further development of world class Heavy Engineering production facilities and delivery.
* Conduct DD on targeted acquisitions and successful integration.
* Overall, to support the MD to ensure the profitable growth and development of the business and play a key role in the future Sale process to achieve a successful exit strategy within a c 5-7 year horizon.
* Successful FD with extensive hands-on experience at local Production site level within a Contract Engineering environment.
* PE/investor relations and M&A experience would also be a distinct advantage.
* A robust, highly capable and commercially switched on professional with the experience and personality/approach to achieve this challenging brief.
In return, my client offers a competitive salary package and the incentive of Equity participation on securing the injection of new inward investment. As such, this represents a rare and exciting career & potential personal wealth opportunity.
Please send your CV in strictest confidence to Martin Morgan, the retained consultant. All strong candidates who match the specific candidate profile highlighted above can expect a prompt personal response.