Financial Accountant - Well Established South West Business
Your new company
A well established company with a strong heritage in the South West, this organisation provide products to a retail and business customer base and employ close to 500 staff.
Your new role
Working alongside the group financial controller this role put to good use your Financial Accounting skills.
Duties to include :
- Ensure compliance with company policy and standing orders at all times.
- Complete the year end statutory accounts, supported by the year end finance and tax pack for distribution to the external auditors.
- Support, negotiate, discuss and agree audit points with the external audit team, and deliver controls to satisfy recommendations.
- Complete the group reporting pack, to include all financial statements and forecasts within time frames laid down by group finance. Presenting the result for discussion with directors and group finance.
- Manage the production of the cash flow forecast, for the following two months at a daily level, and a year end cash position.
- Ensure completion and review all balance sheet control accounts. Maintaining a monthly 'working capital' pack.
- Manage and continually review for improvement the bank and cash control reconciliation process, supporting the branch administration of daily routines.
- Complete the quarterly VAT and Intrastat returns. Ownership of company's VAT compliance, and provide expertise for the more sensitive VAT transactions. Ensure the finance and operating system can accommodate all of the required processing functionality.
- Manage the compliance and submission of the Construction Industry Scheme return, ensuring the correct Inland Revenue payments are issued on time.
- Prepare submissions to National Statistics Office.
- Manage and continually review for improvement the processing and reporting of fixed assets information and control.
- Support the management accounting team in the preparation of working capital and overhead budgets.
- Manage the production and completeness of board reports to meet issued deadlines.
- Control the financial reporting and collection of purchase rebate, agreeing the level and profile of rebate to be recognised in the monthly accounts. Ensuring an accurate yearend position is supported by third party evidence.
- Responsible for maintaining the accuracy and integrity of the Finance System (Great Plains). Ensuring the chart of accounts are relevant, appropriate and structured in accordance with financial and management reporting. Control the permissions and maintenance of staff access.
- Support IT in the maintenance and control of both the Finance and Operating systems, ensuring the migration of data is complete and accurate.
- Manage the access and approval of BACS and same-day / priority internet banking payments.
- Manage, develop and review the finance team performance and objectives.
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA, ACA) or equivalent with previous experience within a financial management role.
- Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints with an excellent multi-tasking ability.
- Excellent communication skills, with a proven ability to build internal relationships and liaise with non-financial personnel.
- Ideally experience of using of Microsoft Dynamics and / or Great Plains.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Hays Specialist Recruitment Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.