Key Account Finance Manager
Are you an engaging and charismatic qualified Accountant? Are you commercially aware, skilled at reporting and critical data analysis? Do you possess outstanding communication skills which enable you to build effective relationships, granting you the ability to influence clients and stakeholders alike? Can you problem solve, develop dynamic solutions and drive change?
If you can answer yes to all of the above, we have an incredible opportunity for you!
Our Client is an expert in facilities management, creating environments which enable people to deliver exceptional experiences to help organisations to be more efficient, effective and sustainable.
With more than 50,000 people working across 7,000 client sites in the UK into a diverse range of sectors, so it's not surprising that we're looking for exceptional people to help us to continue our growth.
Due to significant expansion and ambitious growth plans, we have a unique opportunity for a highly commercial Finance Manager to join our Food & Distribution and Facilities Management finance team based in Bury St Edmunds. Reporting to the Financial Controller of Grocery, Logistics and Manufacturing, you will be responsible for financially supporting the operation of the UK Group's largest single customer, ensuring the timely production of high quality and reliable financial information for the business.
The division is embarking on a 3 year programme of transformation which will see the Finance Manager play a leading role in decision making to drive the business forward. Business Partnering with the Divisional Managing Director, you will provide commercial and strategic support to the function.
We are looking for reliable, engaging, problem solvers; individuals who revel in detail and critical analysis in order to shape solutions to find efficiencies, drive down costs and nurture growth and commercial prosperity.
Suitable candidates will be deadline orientated and able to demonstrate previous experience working collaboratively and cross-divisionally. You will be highly organised, process-driven and highly competent at managing stakeholders.
We see potential for the role to evolve where there would be a need for merging remote sector data into one centralised reporting function. The post holder would be key to implementing a strategy to enable this. Experience of similar data collation and merging or perhaps project management experience, would be highly desirable.
Primary responsibilities, will include:
- Act as a business partner for the Divisional MD and provide commercial and strategic support
- Be client facing and attend commercial and client meetings wherever possible
- Consolidating the Client P&L from the divisional Management Accounts each month including the development of P&L reporting by sectors down to site level and regular financial review meetings with Operational management
- Provide effective financial information to the operations of the business to enable visibility of performance and assist with strategies around efficiencies and enhancing profitability
- Managing and developing the maintenance of key financial ‘budget' information for every site under contract to ensure full control of costs through the business
- Evolve the costing model with the Commercial Analyst team and be a key stakeholder in tender sign off process
- Build links across the business to financially support the mobilisation and roll out of extra works
- Run a project around capturing financial information from efficiency trials across the estate and be a key decision maker in account strategy
- Preparation of annual budgets and rolling forecasts to manage the divisional results and expectations across the business
- Compliance with Group Financial Policy and procedure and establishment of additional policy and procedure as required
- Ensure full and complete controls are in place on all business costs and expenditure.
- Control and management of all financial systems / applications
- Development and maintenance of a company ‘dashboard' incorporating key business indicators
- Other ad-hoc work and projects as directed by the business
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to demonstrate strong personal integrity, confidence and discretion
- Strong communication skills and ability to manage expectations across a range of individuals throughout the business
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and drive
- Customer focused and proactive
- Able to deal with a fast paced continuously evolving role
- An open and honest approach
- Determined and focused on achievement
- Effective communication skills
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA qualified with a minimum of 2 years' post qualification experience and a minimum of 2 years industry experience
- Access Accounts (Dimension / Focalpoint) experience preferred.
- Proven experience with customer facing commercial discussions
- Willingness to travel
As the role develops, we envisage that you will spend one or two days per week travelling to meet with clients off-site. Travel is likely to be national but may become more centralised as the role develops. A willingness to travel and to be flexible around the needs of the business is essential.
Some travel and short periods of working at other sites may be required as part of this post on an ad hoc basis, particularly when support the Sales Team on bids and tenders. Candidates with experience of working in facilities management would be desirable but this is not essential.
This role is a newly created position which brings the opportunity for this parameters of the role to evolve. There is a very tangible case for the post holder to drive and shape the direction of this role and to play a central part on a highly visible client account. As such, we are keen to hear from innovative candidates who can drive the business forward and can adapt to reflect the needs of the business.
Suitable candidates will demonstrate drive and ambition, enthusiasm and a passion for delivering results - above all, you will always look to exceed customer expectations and deliver a first rate service to your internal customers.