Head Of Financial Accounting
A global Charity is looking for head of financial accounting to join their company for 10 months on a fixed term contract in their central London office. Successful candidates will be leading a team of 9 with 4 direct reports whilst reporting to the director of financial governance, the candidate will lead the year-end and external audit processes, providing accounting services working on payroll, pensions, accounts payable and global travel.
- Manage the performance of the team to ensure a good service is provided to international members meeting all requirements with the continuous changing needs.
- Lead the year-end financial accounting close process, working with timetable and deliverables; prepare guidance for country/regional offices and monitor progress to ensure deliverables are achieved in areas covering stock, bank reconciliation to be able to identify areas of weakness and develop plans to work in advance of year-end and audit.
- Prepare year-end reports (financial statements) as well working with working with USAID fund accountability statement and other reporting requirements.
- Work on accounts payable (domestic, international payments and staff expenses)
- Work on UK and international payroll (3 payrolls and 900 employees)
- Overseeing VAT an other tax reporting.
- Provide financial control, working on balance sheet controls, monthly/quarterly balance sheet reporting.
- Work closely with the finance function across the centre, regional and county offices.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA,ACCA,ACMA/Equivalent)
- Experience with large operating global and complex organisations (Essential)
- Proven experience of managing a team with the ability to delegate effectively, prioritise an often heavy workload and coach staff to deliver a world class service.
- Knowledge of UK SORP (statement of recommended practice for charity accounting and reporting) and UK/international GAAP and legal requirement.
- Strong Presentational and communication skills.
- Candidates must be available at short notice (immediately - 2 week)