Located in central London we have an immediate vacancy for a senior accountant.
We are a multinational, privately owned set of companies with operations in:
- Commodity trading
- Real estate
- Equity and bond trading
- Wealth management
We are establishing a uniform reporting framework across all of our entities in order to create consolidated group reporting. A necessary precursor is for us to improve the management reporting of our smaller entities.
The group is therefore looking to recruit a Senior Accountant (SA). The SA will primarily be responsible for creating quarterly management accounts for a wide variety of small companies. These companies typically feature a low volume of diverse transactions covering:
- establishing new holding structures
- loans to and from other group companies
- acquiring and divesting assets
- multi-currency transactions
The SA will also be responsible for supervising and arranging the consolidated return for the reported on companies.
The SA is expected to pay a pivotal role as the group moves from spreadsheet reporting to professional accounting and consolidation systems.
The SA will report to the Group Financial Controller. The SA will be expected to develop an efficient method of producing management accounts, to free up enough time to assist the Group FC in future developments.
- You will be a confident, qualified accountant, able to take underlying information and construct financial statements
- You will be comfortable accounting for intercompany trading, multi-currency transactions and hedges
- You will be diligent and organised, able to produce accounts for a large number of different companies
- You will strive to develop the role further, eventually taking over additional group reporting and consolidation responsibilities from the Group FC
- You will be able to explain complex accounting to non-specialists
- You will have a strong academic background
- You will be proficient in Excel and have an affinity for accounting systems.
- You will show attention to detail
- Experience with professional accounting systems or modelling tools is beneficial but not required