Robert Half are currently working with a leading business near Llandrindod Wells that are seeking a Finance Manager on a interim basis to take responsibility for the accounting operations of one of their top divisions.
This is a varied role reporting to the Head of Finance where overall responsibilities will include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk and enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results.
General Responsibilities Include: -
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organisational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives.
- Oversee the accounting operations of all accounting depots, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures. -
- Take responsibility for dealing with all relevant depot requests from the external and internal auditors. - Have responsibility along with other senior depot management for stocktaking procedures.
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner centrally and all queries resolved on a timely basis.
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly and losses are minimised. - Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed.
- Maintain the chart of accounts and ensure all monthly balance sheet reconciliations are performed and necessary journals posted.
- Ensure that all accounting entries are posted to the accounting system and perform periodic reserves reconciliations.
- Issue timely and complete financial statements to Group timescales.
- Coordinate the preparation of the Year End Pack and Tax Pack. Recommend KPI's, value adding initiatives and cost savings relevant to improving the performance of the division.
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics. Manage the production of the annual budget and reforecasts.
- Calculate variances from the budget / reforecasts and report significant issues to management.
- Attend divisional finance meetings and present financial information and analysis relevant to understanding the divisions historic and forecast performance.
To be successful in this role, you will have extensive experience within a larger organisation. Preference will be given to candidates possessing a recognised accountancy qualification .
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.