Group Financial Controller
Michael Page are partnering with IMEX Group as they look to appoint a new Group Financial Controller who will be based in their Brighton head office.
Details about the Client
The IMEX Group runs the leading worldwide exhibitions for the incentive travel, meetings and events market. With two exhibitions yearly in Frankfurt, Germany and Las Vegas, USA, IMEX is at the heart of the global meetings market. Its exhibitions showcase over 3,000 exhibiting companies representing over 150 countries and include national and regional tourist offices, major hotel groups, convention centres, technology companies and more. The shows also welcome thousands of qualified VIP buyers to each show from across the world as ‘hosted buyers'.
A family business with a strong heritage in the sector, the IMEX Group employs close to 60 people, based at its office in Brighton & Hove. Its company values of Quality, Inspiration and Collaboration remain at the heart of its business. The company is committed to managing its events in as sustainable a way as possible and encouraging the growth of sustainability, corporate social responsibility and wellness within the sector.
With global sales in excess of £20 million, a strong track record and the complexities of international operations, the IMEX Group offers exciting career opportunities.
The Finance team has a wide-ranging remit across financial accounting, management accounting, income control, purchase ledger, payroll, credit control, and commercial finance. The international reach of the company and the diversity that the sector delivers brings variety and challenge to their roles. The 8 team members have a strong work ethic, with high standards and commitment which has helped to drive rigour and accuracy across the financial affairs of the business.
The current FD is moving towards retirement and a non-executive role within the business allowing the Financial Controller the opportunity to move into the FD role in the near future.
Detailed Job Description
This is a leadership role with the FC and FD positioned as key members of the management team of the business but at the same time a hands on approach will be required. This person will work hand in hand with the Chairman and CEO to support and drive the IMEX Group in its day to day operations through efficient and effective processes and controls, timely, insightful, information and analysis. They will lead the financial accounting, reporting, control and treasury activities of the group and all subsidiary companies and ensure they are carried out in line with best practice and regulatory requirements.
The role is technically complex as the Group operates in different legal and tax jurisdictions. A sound knowledge of UK tax and accounting requirements will be assumed. The applicant will also need to acquire the necessary tax and legal knowledge to oversee the international aspects of the business.
Main duties will include:
- Ensuring that an appropriate system of internal controls to safeguard the company assets is maintained
- Day to day management of the finance team
- Management of accounting records and preparation of monthly management accounts on a timely basis
- Preparation of year end consolidated accounts and supporting working papers and liaison with auditors
- Preparation of draft UK corporation returns, supporting schedules and working papers and $ denominated account for US tax returns and monthly UK and German vat returns.
- Management of daily and longer term cash flow
- Working with the FD to deliver the Group's treasury management plan and maximise the return on cash and currency funds.
- Preparation of annual budget, forecasts and business plans, and continued performance monitoring & evaluation of these
We are looking for a tenacious, results-focused individual who demonstrates a high level of professional integrity and extremely strong technical understanding and skills across a broad range of Finance functions. You will bring a passionate and proactive leadership style to the Finance function and have the ability to work in a high pressured environment. In addition, the following skills and experiences will be required:
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Working knowledge of IFRS 102
- Demonstrable experience of:
- Experience of multi-currency ledgers and hedge accounting
- Detailed knowledge of UK and EU vat rules
- UK corporation tax
- Treasury management
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills, with a willingness to challenge and build effective cross-functional working relationships
- Excellent reasoning and evaluative capability
- Excellent team building and coaching skills, able to develop a strong team ethic and deliver results through effective team leadership
What's on offer
The opportunity to join a successful and entrepreneurial international business at its Head Office in Brighton & Hove, sharing in the success of the company and a highly competitive salary and benefits package with the opportunity to progress and develop new skills.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPGW13727130Z