Corporate Tax Senior / Assistant Manager
- Full Time
This is an exciting Corporate Tax Senior / Assistant Manager opportunity offering you the chance to be part of a mixed tax department with a broad portfolio of clients, but with an emphasis on corporate tax and exposure to a wide variety of clients in the property, construction, manufacturing and engineering sectors.
As this is the firm's fastest growing office the potential for fast track career progression is unparalleled!
My client's tax teams handle issues ranging from straightforward compliance to complicated tax planning. In fact compliance is only the beginning. Their proactive tax advisory service ensures that all their clients maximise the opportunities available to them including both small & medium-sized businesses (SMEs) and larger enterprises chasing growth.
My client offers award winning training and have a fantastic reputation in the market for being investors in people.
- First review/preparation of corporation tax computations for a portfolio
- Preparation of forms P11D for a portfolio of businesses
- Advising companies of their tax liabilities
- Assisting with calculations of quarterly instalment payments
- Liaising with HMRC on behalf of clients
- Assist with HMRC enquiries into corporate tax returns
- Assist on tax advisory projects for existing clients and prospects
- Carry out research on different areas to assist Managers/Directors/Partners
- Identify tax advisory opportunities within corporate client portfolio
- Prepare bills for clients.
- Qualifications, skills and experience
- You could be AAT or ATT qualified, studying for the CTA or CTA qualified or qualified by experience. Alternatively you could be ACA or ACCA qualified and looking to undertake the CTA - study support is available
- Minimum 18 months practical experience of corporate/business/mixed tax, but this could be your first specialist tax role
- Some experience training and developing junior members of staff is preferred
- Basic accounts knowledge
- Conversant in MS Excel & Word and tax software
- Demonstrable communication skills
- Able to plan and manage multiple priorities
- Commercial awareness / client focus
- Problem solving and decision making
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Enthusiastic and committed.
£30,000-40,000 (negotiable depending on experience)