Badenoch and Clark is pleased to be working on an exciting new opportunity in Gatwick for a Qualified Accountant. Our client, an instantly recognisable brand is looking for someone to take responsibility for the end to end accounting processes for Capital Expenditure Projects. This is a great time to join the company and an exciting and challenging opportunity that would suit an ACA Qualified Accountant looking to move to industry from a top ten practice.
In addition to supporting the company with technical accounting, the role with have a capital expenditure focus and responsibilities will include:
- Manage month end fixed asset accounting
- Review and manage capital expenditure projects
- Oversee related activities including asset capitalisation, transfers between project and asset disposals
- Investigate project spending to identify variances from budget approvals and expectations
- Work closely with project teams and external parties to maintain the company's capital allowance position
- Act as the key spokesperson for year-end and audits regarding fixed assets
Ideal candidates will be:
- Qualified ACA or ACCA accountant - Ideally from a Top Ten Practice
- Strong technical accountant (working knowledge of IFRS / UK GAAP and statutory accounts
- Analytical mind and the ability to communicate with and influence senior managers both within and outside of finance
- Able to confidently work with ERP / accounting systems (e.g. SAP / Oracle)
Badenoch & Clark is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Badenoch & Clark is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a registered Disability Symbol User.