Based in Central Bristol, Thermal Energy International (UK) Ltd (TEI UK) is the designer of the multi award winning GEM Trap. This product has become widely accepted in the UK as the preferred method of steam trapping for companies looking to reduce their fuel consumption and costs in the current economic climate.
TEI UK is part of the Canadian owned Thermal Energy International (TEI) group of companies. Our product range also includes TEI’s custom range of condensing flu gas economisers and biomass driers.
In short we find ourselves ideally placed to grow in the current economic climate and take advantage of global government based incentives to reduce CO2 emissions. The company has been expanding into international markets following the relationships built up in the UK with blue chip multinationals.
We are currently looking for a Company Accountant to manage the production of financial information of TEI UK and its subsidiary GEMchem, a water treatment company, also based in Bristol.
Reporting in to the Chief Financial Officer, this role will be responsible for the integrity of the financial systems and controls, thus safeguarding the assets of the company. It will require the production of high quality, accurate financial reporting to the parent company in a timely manner, as well as ensuring compliance with controls and procedures, plus assisting other departments in all matters financial. Due to the size of the company, this is very much a “hands on” role, providing a great deal of variety within a friendly environment.
• Recently qualified or QBE Accountant
• Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
• Fast learner
• Effective communicator
• Good level of computer literacy - advanced knowledge of Excel, plus basic Word and Outlook. Sage 50 preferable.
• “Hands on” small company mentality
• Manufacturing or construction experience desirable
• Production of monthly management information, to include P&L and Balance Sheet including variance analysis to budget / reforecasts.
• Preparation of quarterly accounts in accordance with IFRS for submission to parent company, within specified reporting deadlines.
• Preparation of annual UK statutory financial statements in accordance with UK filing requirements
• Liaison with external accountants regarding the annual audit and taxation issues and insurance broker regarding insurance requirements
• Assisting in production of annual budgets, liaising with other departmental heads
• Calculation of sales commissions payable to staff and agents
• Preparation of monthly payroll
• Administration of pension plan
• Sales invoicing
• Monthly stocktaking checks, investigating anomalies with the Production Department
• Responsible for cash management, including credit control and supplier payments, ensuring compliance with banking requirements.
• Constant maintenance of cash flow projections
• Responsible for inter-company balance reconciliations
• Maintenance of fixed asset register
• Constant review and development of systems and controls
• Responsible for all PAYE, C.I.S., VAT, Intrastat and EC Sales reporting as well as submission of National Statistics reports.
• Management of one finance assistant
• Other Ad Hoc projects
Salary: Dependent on experience. Please advise expectation.
Benefits: Up to 3% Pension plus profit related pay plus stock options
Holidays: 20 days + bank holidays (rising to 25 days after 5 years)
Head office: Central Bristol
Closing date: 6th January 2017 – If you have not heard from us by this date your application has unfortunately not been successful on this occasion