Sellick Partnership have been engaged in the recruitment of a Service Manager to join a large Public Sector organisation based in Newcastle upon Tyne (*Relocation package available*). The role involves leading a team that is responsible for developing and maintaining the council's financial systems, producing the annual statutory accounts and providing technical accounting and taxation advice to managers.
Working alongside senior managers across the organisation you will need to use your leadership and managerial skills and expertise to ensure our financial systems continue to improve to meet the changing needs of the organisation, and that our monthly and annual financial reporting processes are efficient and effective
To be successful in this role you will need a demonstrable track record of leading and managing highly performing teams, a sound knowledge of local authority accounting requirements, and experience of delivering improvement projects to financial systems and processes.
Reporting to the Assistant Director (Financial Services) your specific responsibilities will include leading a team that is responsible for:
- Preparing the annual statutory accounts for the organisation and a range of third party organisations
- Developing and maintaining the financial systems, and ensuring the integrity of financial information within the General Ledger.
- Providing technical accounting and taxation advice to managers across the organisations
- Overseeing the banking and treasury management activities
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- CCAB qualification
- Experience of preparing annual accounts in line with local authority accounting and statutory requirements
- Experience of delivering successful improvement projects involving financial systems and processes
- Experience of leading highly performing teams
- Highly developed staff management and development skills
- Excellent written communication skills