Senior Bid Accountant
From our Rail Automation entity, Siemens are looking to recruit a Senior Bid Accountant to initially support a strategic tender for London Underground, working in both our Euston and Chippenham offices. You will play a critical role in the development of the bid and be seen as the expert regarding estimates and financial issues. You will report to the Senior Finance Manager and will be an integral part of the bid team working with people across the business in the UK and Germany. Some travel to Germany may be required.
What are my responsibilities?
- Production of robust and accurate financial tender approval documents and all required tender financial models.
- Management of the estimating process, defining estimate templates, collating responses and consolidating into a single estimate database.
- Working with the bid team to produce value adding analysis of the estimates to understand the competitive position of the bid and to ensure estimates are complete
- Management of all financial inputs to the tendering process, including foreign currency risk, inflation risk, credit risk assessments, Project cashflow, Finance related terms and conditions
- Ensuring visibility of all key project risks and issues, and that these are properly reflected in the risk register
- Ensuring a clear understanding of any technology development requirements and their funding
- Presentation of the key financial aspects of the bid to senior management in the business including up to Siemens Division.
- Preparation of customer pricing bills and attend negotiation meetings with the customer to explain our offer.
- Other ad hoc tasks as required
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Qualified Accountant ACMA/ACA or equivalent with post qualification experience (essential)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes (essential)
- Demonstrable modelling and tendering experience
- Transportation, Construction and Infrastructure Industry experience
- Demonstrable experience of working on projects of the value of £25m+
- Experience of working in a complex engineering contracting or manufacturing environment
- Experience of working in multi-discipline teams
- Experience of working as part of a bid team
- Excellent Communication skills to Director level and above
The Siemens Mobility Division with approximately 3,500 employees, focuses on sustainable technologies for metropolitan areas and their infrastructures. Its offering includes products, systems and solutions for intelligent traffic management, rail-bound transportation, smart grids, energy efficient buildings, and safety and security. The Division comprises the divisions Rail Systems, Rail Automation, Traffic Solutions, and Rail Electrification.
Siemens provides innovative solutions to help tackle the UK’s major challenges. Siemens has a significant presence throughout the UK, with 13 manufacturing sites and more than 25 major offices. Today the company employs over 13,760 people in the UK, including about 5,000 in the manufacturing sector. Last year’s revenues were £3.36 billion.
Electrification, automation and digitalization are the long-term growth fields of Siemens. In order to take full advantage of the market potential in these fields, our businesses are bundled into nine divisions and healthcare as a separately managed business.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
Closing date: 20th January 2017