Commercial Practice Manager
Commercial Manager, Chartered Practice, Portfolio & team management, £35,000, Southampton
Your new company
One of my best local Accountancy Practices have a rare opportunity for an experienced manager within their Commercial team here in Southampton.
An aware winning company known for training and support by Kaplan as a leading independent accountancy practices in the region are recruiting again due to expansion and due to my recent success of placement, they are delighted for me to partner with them again to find a further manager.
An independent, partner-led practice working with business owners and directors at every stage of their business lives, from start-up through to growth and consolidation and on to succession and exit strategies.
The role has come about through the continued growth and development of the practice and the right individual will be a key member of the Commercial Manager team. Working with Partners and trainees, the Commercial Manager will be responsible for:
* Managing a portfolio of clients
* Planning and reviewing of assignments
* Completion and analytical review
* Peer review and quality control
* Supervision of work of more junior staff including briefing, guiding, review and feedback
* Managing/ co-ordinating assignments
* Entire engagement responsibility
* Setting of assignment budgets and planning staffing
* Monitoring of deadlines and compliance
* Managing relationship with clients, including agreeing of timescales and deadlines, managing fees and billing, first port of call for complaints and queries, running client meetings
* Participate in compliance and regulatory administration
* ACA or ACCA qualified essential
* A minimum of two years PQE
* Effective client service skills
* Strong coaching and delegation skills
* A strong commercial focus.
* A competitive salary package.
* Genuine potential for career progression.
* An exciting new role in a stable and well established firm with an excellent local reputation for reliability and quality.
* Free close to city centre parking.
* A friendly working environment and social team that have regular team events and activities
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.