- 13 Month FTC - Assistant Accountant
- Business Services
- An exciting opportunity for an Assistant Accountant has arisen to cover a period of maternity within a growing business services client in Salford. Interviews will be imminent and candidates on a short notice or be immediately available would be advantageous
- Assist with monthly management accounts; Profit & loss, Balance sheet, KPI's
- Assisting with month-end journals and supporting schedules e.g. Prepayments, accruals, fixed assets, salary, etc.
- Assisting with audit preparation with clear and concise working files.
- Assist with bank reconciliation and resolve any supplier and other payment matters that impact the reconciliation
- Supplier statement reconciliations with Financial Force as and when statements are received and any missing invoices chased immediately, authorised and processed.
- Assist with completing regular cash flow forecasts.
- Assist with preparing and processing information for payroll and through accounts software packages and keep all records required by HMRC.
- Vat reconciliation and produce quarterly VAT returns
- Purchase invoices to be allocated, signed off and entered on a timely basis. Any purchase queries to be resolved swiftly by working closely with other departments and suppliers.
- Assisting with the payment of all suppliers.
- Ensuring all monthly sales invoices are issued in a timely and accurate manner
- Good communication skills with the ability to build good relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, internal departments and key suppliers
- Proficient skills in Excel, Word and Outlook are essential.
- Knowledge and ability to use relevant internal systems
- Act with integrity
- Work as part of a team
- Ability to complete a variety of related tasks
- Good attention to detail
- Confident and highly motivated
- Excel knowledge
- Studying towards ACCA/CIMA desirable
- Competitive salary + benfits
- Long term fixed contract
- Established and growing business
- On site secure parking