This privately owned company in Bolton has a new vacancy for a Management Accountant. The position has arisen by virtue of steady growth in their core markets and the current Finance Director looking to step away from the day to day financial management of the business over time. This is therefore an excellent long term opportunity for an ambitious candidate to take on a senior role in a diverse business forecasting £20m turnover for 2017. The position will involve supervising four staff and operating as part of the management team, liaising with senior staff and building relationships with customers and suppliers. Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing the finance office and reporting into the General Manager
- Improving systems and processes to deliver a more structured accountancy function to the business
- Developing management information and KPI’s to support decision making
- Proactive cash management via detailed forecasting and daily / weekly cash flow analysis
- Preparation of the annual budget
- Variance analysis with commentary and recommendations
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for each division of the business
- Financial analysis of performance and cost / risks to the business
This will be a very hands on role where you will be encouraged to work with all departments to better understand the business and add value, the ideal candidate would therefore possess strong interpersonal skills and a determined approach to gather information and make changes. You will be expected to contribute ideas and think for yourself with support in the background from senior staff if you need it. Suitable applicants must ideally be qualified CIMA / ACCA with experience from a Plant Hire / Construction Services or manufacturing / processing type business.
Only those applicants who have a legal right to work within the UK and possess a suitable amount of UK based finance experience will be considered, candidates already registered will be considered automatically.