6 days left
- Full Time
Leading-edge IT support and services SME with clients ranging from FTSE 250 businesses to SMEs. The client base comprises a range of organisations in the financial and business services, legal, media and education sectors. The Company has recently strengthened its senior management team with the recruitment of a new finance Director as part of its commitment to professionalising its financial controls and Management Information systems and to help take the company to the next level and now also requires a strong number two Financial Controller to the Financial Director.
Reporting to the Finance Director the Financial Controller responsibilities include:
- Leading the day to day management of the operational finance team (3 staff) including; accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and treasury.
- Drive the Company’s month end processes to ensure that timely and accurate management information is presented to the business and leadership team
- Develop and lead a new budget and forecasting process
- To act as custodian of the financial ledgers ensuring that all sub-ledgers are in acceptable order and that the balance sheet accounts are fully reconciled
- Create and maintain a strong control environment with policy and procedure documents kept up to date and effectively communicated to the wider business
- Motivate, manage and structure the team to ensure that Doherty has a best in class operational finance function.
- Business partnering to ensure that meaningful and accurate variance analysis is delivered on a monthly basis to assist the Financial Director in better understanding the revenue performance and cost base of the business.
- Provide support to the wider business in all areas of operational finance to ensure that the needs of the business are met at all times.
- Take the lead on management of the Company’s external audit. The company has just appointed new Auditors.
- Assist the Financial Director with ‘one-off’ ad- hoc projects.
The Candidate for the Financial Controller role is likely to have the following profile:
- An internationally recognised accounting qualification – ACA/ACCA/ACMA
- Extensive financial control experience gained in SME commercial organisations.
- Technically strong, enjoys the numbers, with a good attention to detail, analytically and commercially focussed
- Experience of managing, developing and mentoring finance staff
- Motivated to create an environment of continuous improvement
- Change oriented with an unwillingness to accept the status quo
- Ability to present financial information in a clear, concise and readily understandable way
- A hands on team player with willingness to support others
- Excellent communication skills combined with the ability to develop relationships across the business
- The role will suit somebody who really enjoys the FC position, who can get the ground running and drive change
Apply for Financial Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly