Up to £42,000 per annum + Great Benefits
At IPL our role is very clear. We are here to improve the value, quality and availability of our products whilst also lowering the cost of goods to Asda and Walmart so they can pass on these savings to customers around the world. Our mission of creating a unique supply base capability, enables us to support Asda's Promise of 'Saving You Money Every Day' and Walmart's Mission to ‘Save Money Live Better’. We are the 2nd largest privately owned food processing business in the UK. With over 2000 colleagues we are currently spread over nine UK sites and ten country offices that span five of the seven continents. But we don't plan to stop there. As our journey progresses we look to continue evolving and growing by seeking new business opportunities and utilising our expertise to save Asda and Walmart customers money every day.
We currently have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Management Accountant to join the IPL team based across our sites in West Yorkshire. Working to partner the Beverages Supply Chain Team, the successful Management Accountant candidate will be required to analyse, interpret and report on the financial performance of the entire Beverages P&L. Working closely with the Operational, Commercial and Supply Chain teams to drive awareness of strengths, weaknesses and any potential financial risks to the business unit. This is an excellent opportunity for a hands on, commercially focused Accountant / Finance Business Partner to join a global business with a £2 billion turnover.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Working as a business partner to support the management and finance teams in decision making by providing accurate, reliable and timely information.
- Weekly performance and KPI reporting, tracking against budget/forecast and understanding any variances.
- Produce the monthly management accounts ensuring accuracy and reliability to the numbers reported to the business.
- To assist in the budget and forecasting processes for IPL P&L.
- Attend commercial review meetings and drive performance.
- Complete regular stock reconciliations between PR2 and third parties to ensure full stock alignment understanding any associated risks.
- Main commercial point of contact for IPL finance owning the cost models and inputs, hedging process and ad hoc analysis.
Successful applicants will have the following qualifications/ attributes:
- Preferably CIMA Qualified Accountant, however ACCA/ACA applicants also welcome
- Strong Excel and system skills for reporting and analysing data
- Self-motivated and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Confident in challenging in individuals on results/performance/figures
- Financial background, analytical and interpretation skills
- Strong communications skills , both verbal and written – to communicate to both finance and non-finance colleagues
- Business Partnering / Operational experience is desired
What’s in it for you:
We are a rapidly growing and exciting business, dedicated to the development of our colleagues and committed to creating a great place to work. In order to grow we need to find people already living our Values – Supportive, Trailblazing, Engaging and Principled. As a Management Accountant, in return we will offer you development, a competitive salary and benefits package; inclusive of paid holiday, pension scheme, private health care, bonus, canteen, social events and free car parking.