City of London
Competitive Salary plus Bonus & Benefit
UBM is one of the world's leading B2B event’s organisers. We help businesses do business, bringing the world’s buyers and sellers together at vibrant and dynamic events. We help professional people in more than 20 countries around the world succeed by enabling them to connect with each other and with the markets they serve. And we do this by whatever means works best – at live events, and through digital media and publications.
The Group Accountant is an integral part of the Group Finance team responsible for the Group’s external financial reporting, accounting policies and controls. They will assist in the year end and interim reporting, finance system improvements, annual goodwill impairment testing, acquisition and disposal accounting and be responsible for the quality of financial reporting of the UK statutory accounts.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Year end and interim external reporting including preparation of financial accounts, consolidation and audit schedules
• Preparation of intangible valuation work, liaising with Group Development team and Division accounting teams
• Responsible for specific month-end reporting activities including net debt reconciliations, working capital analysis and intercompany mismatch review.
• Support continual improvements in financial reporting systems, working closely with IT teams
• Act as a group chart of accounts subject matter expert for the business and deliver training on its usage and group accounting policies
• Assistance with acquisition and disposal accounting
• Preparation of Group annual goodwill impairment review
• Provide quality assurance into UK statutory accounts process: including preparation of template accounts, review of key trading accounts prepared by subsidiaries, review of investment impairment assessment, pension and share-based payments disclosures, liaison with other departments eg tax, treasury and company secretarial and liaison with external auditors
• Ad hoc project work
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, team player
• (CA or ACA)
• Strong technical accounting knowledge and previous IFRS experience is essential
• Knowledge of listed plc and UK statutory reporting requirements
• Previous experience of group accounts and consolidations
• Comfortable working with financial reporting systems
• Ability to work under pressure during key times
OTHER PREFERRED ATTRIBUTES:
• Experience with Oracle, Hyperion (HFM) and Smartview
• Top 4 Accounting Firm experience
This job description sets out the duties of the position at the time that it was drawn up. Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or level of responsibility entailed.