Senior Finance Business Partner
Working here is about being there for our customers; we’re available should the worst happen and we work together to enable social and financial equality across the UK. But it’s also about you –how you develop and what you can achieve. We’ll help your talent thrive in an environment where you’ll be supported to work flexibly and autonomously, sharing in our success and rewarded for a great performance with a generous benefits package.
At Legal & General Insurance we look after our customers throughout life, death and everything in between so that you know that everything that’s important to you is protected. With over 180 years’ experience in providing Insurance policies, our customers trust us to be there and to do the right thing.
Due to ongoing growth L&G Insurance are currently seeking a Finance Business Partner. The successful individual will be leading on commercial, financial planning and management to support the growth agenda and deliver enhanced profitability and financial awareness. This role sits within our General Insurance (GI) division (£300m+ gross written premium) based in the heart of Birmingham city centre. GI is a highly successful, fast paced and ambitious part of Legal & General and with a new CEO leading the division this will continue to be an exciting business to work for.
- Create, direct and maintain robust financial management, reporting, forecasting and planning disciplines to influence the activities of the business to sustain the development and distribution of profitable good value products and comply with Group and UK Financial policies and guidelines
- Direct production of the annual plan. Subsequently, ensure justification of all major budget spend with a fully commercial attitude having regard for the best interests of L&G and ensure all expenditure is monitored against targets and delivery against ongoing performance targets.
- Deliver a comprehensive financial planning, financial modelling, budgetary and financial monitoring service. Apply best practice professional accounting standards. Alert senior management as necessary and intervene to make appropriate adjustments when necessary to remain on track to deliver business objectives and profitability.
- Work Strategically with the management team to develop strategic plans and tactical initiatives, ensure they are financially sound and deliver business benefit. Participate in and support key strategies. Monitor progress and outcomes of all initiatives and intervene and apply corrective action when necessary.
- Manage relationships with other finance business partners to maximise and grow business benefit to all parties and to deliver increased value.
- Ensure proper financial professional development for trainee and newly qualified accountancy staff and ensure all are developed to maximise their performance and contribution to the business. Manage business and contractual relationships with suppliers and representative L&G externally as required to the FCA and similar external bodies.
- To take the lead in all matters with regard to the management of employees, ensuring that management discretion is used in a consistent manner and that the area follows the Group’s policies and procedures including the Partnership Agreement to maximise business performance.
- Ensure that the appropriate Finance MI, process and systems are in place to provide support to the business, so that customers are treated fairly in line with Legal & General’s Customer Experience and TCF policy.
- Qualified Accountant/Actuary essential.
- Commercial finance experience, knowledge and judgment, experience of supporting a marketing lead, direct to consumer business would be highly advantageous
- General and Life Insurance desirable.
Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills at Director Level
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 30 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, as well as a 12% car allowance scheme, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.