Business Services and Advisory Senior
A fantastic opportunity for a Accountant looking to progress their career in a leading local firm has arisen in the Cambridge area.
My client are based across 6 locations in East Anglia. They offer services, from accounts preparation to insolvency advice, accounting systems to investment planning, business acquisitions to Capital Gains Tax advice.
They pride themselves on offering flexibility and approachability aiming to offer the highest levels of professionalism in a down-to-earth, service-orientated way.
This role will predominantly involve preparing financial accounts for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies, along with the preparation of tax computations and returns for all clients. Some of the duties will be carried out at client's premises. .
- ACA / ACCA qualified (or qualified by experience). Previous experience of working in a UK practice environment is essential.
- Proven skills in the preparation of accounts for sole traders, partnership and limited companies, along with the ability to prepare tax computations and returns for all clients. Knowledge of accounts preparation under FRS102 and FRSSE (2015) would be desirable.
- Will possess a high level of IT proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel in particular), and the ability to use various accounting packages. Familiarity with CCH software and Sage would be useful.
- Previous PCG experience and front line contact with clients would also be beneficial, along with knowledge and experience of basic tax planning (eg salary vs dividends).
- Will be confident and articulate in dealing with a wide range of clients. Previous experience of responsibility for a portfolio of clients is essential.
- Prior experience of supervising student accountants in their day to day work would be desirable.
- Self motivated attitude with an expert eye for detail and the ability to present/explain findings in a clear, concise manner.
- A focus on personal development would be an asset.
- Full clean UK driving licence
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Scheme
- Flexible working hours offered
- In house training and further qualification sponsorship offered